No change visible. No change?

black logo
Niagara Falls
                 Niagara Falls  -  inflow Canadian side                                                               photo by andreas






























....

Their roar is around me. I am on the brink
Of the great waters-and their anthem voice
Goes up amid the rainbow and the mist.

Their chorus shakes the ground. I feel the rocks
O'er which my feet hang idly-as they hung
O'er babbling brooks in boyhood-quivering
Under the burst of music. Awful voice!

And strong, triumphant waters! 
....

Extract from the poem "Niagara" by Grenville Mellen, 1839

Dear Reader,

'Their roar is around me'
.... and its sound was very impressive to me when I visited the Falls in August.

It was a beautiful day, sunny and with a deep blue sky. The rather green water of the Falls and its mist created the perfect scenery for a photographer.
I took a tour and learned some interesting facts about the Falls, one of which did stick in my mind:
The water did not always flow over the rocks where it flows today!

The Falls have been 'changing' every year and not just one inch or two.

From the Niagara Parks' website:
  • Recession for at least the last 560 years has been estimated at 3 to 5 feet per year.
  • Its current rate of erosion is estimated at 1 foot per year and could possibly
    be reduced to 1 foot per 10 years. 
Changes are for real
In our every day life we all have our routine, things we like to do in a certain way and order.
Those little and bigger things make our life enjoyable.
I like the specific taste of my 'home-brewed' coffee in the morning and the breakfast coffee during a stay in a hotel isn't just the same.
At work, though some may not admit it, we may have our personal rhythm in daily's schedule, our way to accomplish our tasks.

Why change? 
It has been this way forever. What would a change improve?
I have been successful my way. Why change a winning horse?!

The world around us is permanently changing, as are the Falls.
Noticeable for sure, perhaps not 1 foot per year, but at a fast pace.

The only question to ask ourselves is:
do we (want to) see the changes and admit to them?

There is nothing more certain and unchanging 
than uncertainty and change.
John Fitzgerald Kennedy, 35th President of the U.S. 
I am no different than most of us: I like my coffee my way and every morning.

As a business owner it is my responsibility to take a timeout at least once a year to work on questions such as:
  • What has been changing (around us) in the last 12 months?
    How have we responded or didn't we at all?
     
  • Are any signs 'out there' of upcoming changes?
    How prepared are we and how will we respond to them?
     
  • .... 
Changes are my daily reality at Alrol and they come in different categories. To separate one from the other, this prayer helps me a lot to invest my energy at the 'right' places:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and wisdom to know the difference.
The Serenity Prayer after Reinhold Niebuhr


 

A change may improve Your rollers
Running rollers in Your operations, a change in cover material or in quality of the rollers
may result in:
  • longer life of the rollers
  • higher production rate
  • lower scrap ratio
  • increase of product quality
Alrol's Team would be very happy to work with You and Your engineers to optimize Your rollers' performance.
Call me on my cell 706 260 1315 or email me andreas@alrol.com.


I wish You a sunny fall.

Andreas












Blue Thank You!

Email me: andreas@alrol.com
Visit us: alrolofamerica.com


View our profile on LinkedIn Find us on Google+ Visit our blog Follow us on Twitter Like us on Facebook